Community Service Day @ FMS
|Sep 17, 2016||9:00am - 12:00pm||Bayside Folsom Campus||Free|
We are joining the Folsom community for the third annual Community Service Day event – the City of Folsom’s largest day of volunteerism!
Community Service Day mobilizes hundreds of volunteers of all ages and interests to complete projects throughout Folsom that will have a lasting impact in the community. The effort is organized by the City of Folsom and numerous Folsom corporations, companies and nonprofits. The goal is to complete more than 30 single day projects that benefit diverse segments of the community and assist those in need.
Last year, more than 1,700 volunteers participated in the 2015 Community Service Day, and completed more than 28 projects, including:
- A citywide food drive for the Twin Lakes Food Bank, collecting 113,000 pounds of food
- Clean up projects at Folsom Lake and Lake Natoma
- Bike storage locker at Powerhouse Ministries
- P&SVRR Railroad Equipment Cleaning and Railfest Site Preparation
- Packing of 500 care packages for overseas military troops
- Wildflower seed spreading
- Women’s Transition Center Irrigation Project
- Folsom History Museum beautification projects
- Tree plantings and acorn collections
As a church, we are specifically owning the beautification of Folsom Middle School as our project this year. We will need lots of help as we will be doing projects all over the middle school campus. Sign up the whole family as there will be plenty of projects and fun for all ages!
Because we are partnering with the city on this project, all sign ups are going through the city’s website. This way you will be able to get your free Folsom Community Service Day t-shirt and breakfast with all the other volunteers before we deploy to FMS for our project!
Check-in and breakfast will be at Lakeside Church on September 17, from 7-8am. Then our project will be at Folsom Middle School from 9am-12pm.
What to Wear/Bring:
– Work clothes
– Work gloves
– Closed toe shoes
– Landscaping tools* (if you have any): pitchfork, wheelbarrow, shovel, rake
*Please label any tools you bring!
Please click on the REGISTER button below to sign up! Once you click the link, scroll down and be sure to sign up for the project at Folsom Middle School (500 Blue Ravine Road) so you can serve alongside all of us from Bayside Folsom. Also, be sure to sign up every member of your family who will be participating so we can plan accordingly for breakfast, t-shirts, etc.
This is going to be FUN!!
Questions? Email email@example.com